Skip to main content

Free your mind and the rest will follow

When I have something on my mind, I sleep walk.  Whether it is something major or something insignificant, it will play on my subconscious and I will find myself out of bed either hovering over my husband (he does not appreciate this) or ushering imaginary children out of my house telling them to be quiet and not wake anyone up!  This happens to me on a regular basis and I try and clear my mind of anything that I can control.  Writing things down, telling Siri to remind me to buy ingredients - it all aids in the process of "freeing my mind".

I am known for not having multiple WIPs and people can't understand why I can't have various projects spilling out of my stash.  Perhaps this is why.  In a funny way it makes me anxious to have more than one project on the go and as I have said before (in the words of the glorious Ron Swanson) "Don't half ass two things, whole ass one thing".

Putting all of my energy into one project keeps me focussed and takes the stress out of trying to juggle time scales and getting confused with different pattern terminology.  If I have more than one WIP, it fills my brain with unnecessary clutter that I can do without.  Work, school, house, family - my brain has enough to deal with.  Simples!

I like being a one WIP gal and I am sure I am not alone...

Comments

  1. I remember the days of being a one WIP gal but then I started joining in with CALs. I tend to start lots of projects but I do still prefer to focus on one until it's finished, unless there is a CAL deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoy joining in with CALs but I like to clear my schedule first. I guess I’m a one CAL gal too 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#backtoschoolsweatercal Progress Update

It's my turn again on the #backtoschoolsweatercal blog hop and this time I am following on from Sam , from Sam Simple Melody, to record my progress so far. I am happy to say that I have finished my Ava sweater from the Dora Ohrenstein's Top Down Sweater Book and I have had plenty of wear out of it already.  The fit is flattering and I am so glad that I took the time to read all of the hints and tips and obtain my true measurements so that I have a truly wearable garment. Pattern and Yarn Choice I used the recommended yarn - Berroco Folio in Bayberry and I crocheted a tension square to make sure that I was on gauge. For projects of this magnitude, I prefer to use the suggested yarn (if my purse allows) so that I can obtain the same results.  I chose to make a Large based on my bust and hip measurements and it was spot on. Getting Started and progress The yoke was the first section of the sweater to be crocheted and I found the pattern straightforward and easy to read.

#Backtoschoolsweatercal

This post is part of the Back to School Sweater blog hop and CAL. You can find last week's Blog post by Tamara Gooderham  here . The next stop on the blog hop will be by Helen Eccles on 9th September, who will be talking about  Yarn choice, inc. substitution, drape, cost, climate yarnsub.com including caution.  For more details of the CAL visit the Crochet Circle podcast group on Ravelry. Crochet Garments Having read Tamara's previous blog, I have to hold my hand up and say "Yes, I have enough crochet shawls." We all do.  There are so many fabulous garments to be made and we do not need to be afraid of them.  I started out with a simple stripy top from a crochet magazine - it wasn't too scary, and actually, I wear it a lot.  Crochet garments do not have to be complicated masterpieces that include every stitch combination going.  I have included below all of the crochet garments that I have made for myself, starting out with simple patterns, and getting more c

Sock Blog Hop #5 - Toe up or Cuff down socks?

Welcome to the 5th instalment for the Sock CAL 2018 Blog Hop.  If you have been following from the beginning, I should imagine that you are well on your way to choosing your sock design, yarn and have a pretty good understanding of the construction of a sock. Then comes the next question - Toe Up or Cuff Down?  Does it really matter?  Surely they all come out the same.  You are right, they do look the same and there is no discernible difference.  I have crocheted a fair number of socks over the last few years and I must admit that I have a preference - Cuff down.  To put it simply, I don't like adding a ribbed cuff at the end of the sock. I admit that I am just not very good at crocheting the ribbed cuff at the end of the pattern. I get confused and when I start to work on it I don't like how mine looks.   I prefer to work the cuff first and then work from the ankle down (I like the cuffs nice and neat).   I like to try on the sock as I go and know that I can adjust the num